Labels

Wednesday 10 August 2011

A story from my travels.

I have had many interesting conversations with people on the metro about my instrument. This includes children's comments, adults, hobos, construction workers, drunks, fellow musicians, and more. Some of the stories are ridiculous, and some of them are cute. Here are some of the things that people have said to me before.

A middle aged man on the metro: "Hey, I bet that if you put that into a dryer, you'd get a Suzuki violin!".
My reply: "Would you get a double bass if you put it into a washer?"

Random guy on the street: "Whoa man, that's a big cello!"

A bus driver from Chateauguay (never travel there with a double bass - WARNING): "You know, I may have to charge you double for that, eh?"
My reply: I tap the case hard enough to hit the wood. "Why? There isn't another body in there."

And my favourite so far, on the way back from an Orchestre Symphonique de L'isle practice,

Young girl, probably 6 or 7: "Look Mommy, a double bass!"
Her mother: "No, that's a cello!"
Me: Walking away and smiling.


Taken around December,
A concert I played in for

Evangel Pentecostal Church.


No comments:

Post a Comment